SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the forum as I have just picked up a 2005 Saab 9-3 Aero. Im looking to do something a bit different for the wheel setup and use the AMG Monoblocks from my dads e55 amg. These wheels are 5x112 and have a hub of 66.6. I know I would need hub rings and wobble bolts to fit, but I really dont know specifically what im looking for in those two categories so if someone could steer me in the right direction it would really help! The picture is just something i photoshopped real quick to see what it would like

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Editing my post on my phone deleted my original post ugh. Well you got an email of what my first reply said lol.

----

Also, after looking the stock wheels look like 16x7.5 and the amg is 18x9

That is a big difference and will change the handling dynamic - if you care about that type of thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stock wheels on it now are 17x7.5. The amg wheels are 18x8 in the fron and 18x9 in the rear so it would change things a little but not as drastically as it would going up from 16's

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
The stock wheels on it now are 17x7.5. The amg wheels are 18x8 in the fron and 18x9 in the rear so it would change things a little but not as drastically as it would going up from 16's
I'm not sure how well a staggered wheel setup will work on a 9-3 with the ABS/TCS if the eventual tires wind up with different diameters/circumferences.

What is the offset on the AMG's that will be very important to know. And a 9 inch wide rim may be too much for the 9-3 in any case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking of doing a square setup with the tires and just having the rears be slightly stretched, the AMG's have an offset of 31 in the front and 35 in the rear

·
Super Moderator
9,453 Posts
Props to you for doing something different, and I know you weren't looking for wheel opinions, but in my opinion those don't work on the SAAB.

Also a word of caution with the hubcentric rings. You're going from 66.6 to 65.1 so the rings themselves will be razor thin (0.5mm around) and can warp/crack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts