SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have recently bought a 2005 saab 93 vector 2.0T, amazing car but the high beam problem i currently have is driving me nuts!

High beams come on for "flash pass" on the first click only, I can feel the second toggle as the stalk is pulled further but the high beams then go out with the light on the dashboard.

I have been trawling through so many threads to find a resolution to this and before anyone asks yes my headlights are set to the on position :)

The car is factory standard

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Could be mechanical not locking on the stalk

Forewarning: 90% of my knowledge is wrapped up in C900s!

I have a newer 93 now and the stalk feels the same.

So maybe a new stalk?

Wretched spelling? On mobile!

·
Super Moderator
9,662 Posts
Welcome..the switch is 2 stage pull,1st flash and 2nd is mains when pulling on for mains(switch @ 12) does the blue light on the dash stay on...what type of low/dipped beam-halogen or HID..

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Maybe...

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224262

Or could be a problem with the switch pack that resides inside the CIM module.
You will have to remove the CIM and open it up.
There is a small gate mechanism inside the switch pack which will have come adrift.
There are how to's buried in the forum...it happens with the indicators not latching or turning off etc and is the same fix.
If needed buy a used CIM for parts as they are not available new although some sellers on ebay buy new CIM modules and seel the parts "as new"

It looks like this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saab-9-3...356434?hash=item4b30ce0992:g:wNQAAOSwX9FZENPl

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome..the switch is 2 stage pull,1st flash and 2nd is mains when pulling on for mains(switch @ 12) does the blue light on the dash stay on...what type of low/dipped beam-halogen or HID..
For the second stage which should be the high beams on constant the blue light goes off.

Everything works fine for the flash to pass but not the second

1 - 6 of 6 Posts