SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used pair of complete OEM HID headlight assemblies. I currantly have Halogen headlights and would like to swap them out. Is this just a plug and play or is there more to it? Can't find the answer anywhere. These are OEM HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLIES. NOT AFTER MARKET. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You need the bumper wiring harness for an HID car and the two leveling sensors. The harness comes for cars with and without headlight washers too. Beyond that I think it's just programming which you can do with the Tech2. I can look up the part number for the harness tonight if you want. I've been planning to do this swap on my '05. Did you get a good deal on the lights?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need the bumper wiring harness for an HID car and the two leveling sensors. The harness comes for cars with and without headlight washers too. Beyond that I think it's just programming which you can do with the Tech2. I can look up the part number for the harness tonight if you want. I've been planning to do this swap on my '05. Did you get a good deal on the lights?
Thanks for responding. I got both headlight assemblies for 150 bucks. Intact with ballasts. I'll need the part numbers for the harness without headlight washers and the leveling sensors if possible.

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
Rear sensor do not have separate harness, it is part of main harness. You need to make that harness all way from rear sensor to both headlights.
You also need to make front sensor harness to both headlights and route new wire to MIU and OBD connector.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was mistaken when I thought it was the bumper harness. Assuming your car is a B207 LHD it's front harness #12804574. It's $272 new from esaabparts. I'm pretty sure it includes the wiring for the front level sensor. I can't find rear axle, passenger compartment, roof, or parcel shelf harnesses that are distinguished by XENON, so perhaps the wiring for the rear sensor is already in the '05. The front sensor, #93187465 is $121 new, and the rear, #93186514 is $99 new from Schmelz Countryside VW. Used would be cheaper of course.

I won't hack my car so when I do something like this I go factory where possible and you have a great start by getting OEM headlights for a great price. This is the kind of mod I love to do, and I plan on doing my '05 convertible. If you do this keep us posted.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Gah! I forgot the control unit, #12768152. $161 new and half that used.

The level sensors are on the left front and rear suspension. They're both staring you in the face from under the car and probably with the wheels off too. The control unit is on the driver side (LHD) fender apron just behind the headlight.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was mistaken when I thought it was the bumper harness. Assuming your car is a B207 LHD it's front harness #12804574. It's $272 new from esaabparts. I'm pretty sure it includes the wiring for the front level sensor. I can't find rear axle, passenger compartment, roof, or parcel shelf harnesses that are distinguished by XENON, so perhaps the wiring for the rear sensor is already in the '05. The front sensor, #93187465 is $121 new, and the rear, #93186514 is $99 new from Schmelz Countryside VW. Used would be cheaper of course.

I won't hack my car so when I do something like this I go factory where possible and you have a great start by getting OEM headlights for a great price. This is the kind of mod I love to do, and I plan on doing my '05 convertible. If you do this keep us posted.
Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes. Doing it monday

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Well... it didn't work out. Worked fine until I started the car then they shut off. Need to program it with a tech 2 but no one around here has the programming for Saabs anymore. Too much of a hassle. Daughter needs her car for college so looks like a HID conversion in the future.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That’s a shame. It takes minutes to program. No Saab shop near you?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts