SaabCentral Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sale is my 2005 Saab 9-5 AERO. It currently has 51,300 miles. It has every option available except navigation. Heated front and rear seats, Harmon Kardon Premium 9 speaker sound system, Bi-Xenon headlights, Backup Sensors, 4 wheel ABS, Electronic Stability Control. The seats in the AERO are by fat the most comfortable seats ive been in. It has black leather interior. Ive changed the oil every 3000 miles with mobile 1 synthetic or Royal Purple synthetic. It has been taken to the dealer for all the service intervals, I just had the 45,000 mile service done. The AERO features a very powerful 2.3 liter High Output turbocharged engine. SAAB upgraded the turbo on the AERO to the TD04 giving it 250HP vs the LINEAR with only 170HP. The AERO is the highest trim level of the 9-5 with Lowered suspension, 17" wheels, premium sound, sportier front and rear bumper. In 2004 and 2005 SAAB used a different bumper on the AERO models witch i think is the best looking one yet. I searched for quite sometime to find this car and after about 3 months of doing nothing but searching i found the one i wanted. I drove 3 hours away to get it. I absolutely love this car, the only reason im selling is because i have a 2001 S4 im in the process of rebuilding. The car has absolutely no problems. There is a couple scratches in the paint, nothing bad at all. I got in a little fender bender last year and replaced both headlights with brand new VALEO OEM SAAB headlights. I also replaced both corner lights at the same time because they didn't match the brand new headlights. I bought Euro clear corners (they don't have the orange reflectors). The car is a 8 out of 10. You wont find another 2005 AERO out there... especially with 50,000 miles! I spent a while trying to find this car. It gets around 25 city and 30 highway, about 400 miles to a tank on average.

It has a CX racing front mount intercooler. Also a k&n open air intake from genuine Saab. Car has always been maintained and taken care of. I had it tuned by MikeD. It's the cleanest 2005 you will find

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry guys i thought i had coppied everything over from my other ad. the color is the dark grey. im not sure how to ad pictures of it on here. but here is my craigslist post of it. or i can text pics of it i have them all on my phone. the price is 12,000 OBO. im just trying to get what i owe on it.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/3057689311.html

·
Registered
163 Posts
Interior pics

Is this your first time selling a car online? LOL

Interior pic please and is it auto or 5 speed? Paddle shifters?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is this your first time selling a car online? LOL

Interior pic please and is it auto or 5 speed? Paddle shifters?
No this is not my first time selling a car online. However it is my first time selling on this forum. It is a manual. If you want more pics text me I have them all on my phone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, the miles are low, but that's about it. Nice aero but not 12K nice. GLWS.
find me another 2004-2005 9-5 Aero with close 10 51,xxx.... better yet find another 2004-2005 9-5 Aero with a manual transmission. Not easy to find 9-5 aeros with manual trans or low miles.

i paid 14,000 last year for it. put about 10k on it in the last year.

what does a 12k 2005 9-5 Aero with 51,xxx miles look like?

·
Registered
94 Posts
find me another 2004-2005 9-5 Aero with close 10 51,xxx.... better yet find another 2004-2005 9-5 Aero with a manual transmission. Not easy to find 9-5 aeros with manual trans or low miles.

i paid 14,000 last year for it. put about 10k on it in the last year.

what does a 12k 2005 9-5 Aero with 51,xxx miles look like?

I'm in the market for a 02-05 Aero, so I've been actively following the classifieds lately, and I just think you're priced too high. Check for yourself on autotrader...there's plenty for sale out there and there almost all sub-10K. Your mileage is nice and low as I mentioned, but considering Saab's 200K+lifespan, I am skeptical that's gonna make any real difference for an interested used Saab buyer vs cars with 75 or 100K miles.

The manual trans is also indeed kinda rare, but that's not necessarily a buyer benefit worth paying extra. Many drivers who sit in heavy commute traffic every day wouldn't consider a manual.

...and dude, just because you dropped 14K on the car and another 10K worth of (ACCIDENT REPAIR) work doesn't translate at all to prospective buyers of the car as it is right now. Especially enthusiasts who read these forums.

Finally, any fender-bender requiring 2 new headlights is a major red flag...12K is just not competitive.

Cut your losses, drop your price, and I bet you start getting some PM's.

Just mho from a buyer's point of view. Honestly GLWS. it's still a very nice car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm in the market for a 02-05 Aero, so I've been actively following the classifieds lately, and I just think you're priced too high. Check for yourself on autotrader...there's plenty for sale out there and there almost all sub-10K. Your mileage is nice and low as I mentioned, but considering Saab's 200K+lifespan, I am skeptical that's gonna make any real difference for an interested used Saab buyer vs cars with 75 or 100K miles.

The manual trans is also indeed kinda rare, but that's not necessarily a buyer benefit worth paying extra. Many drivers who sit in heavy commute traffic every day wouldn't consider a manual.

...and dude, just because you dropped 14K on the car and another 10K worth of (ACCIDENT REPAIR) work doesn't translate at all to prospective buyers of the car as it is right now. Especially enthusiasts who read these forums.

Finally, any fender-bender requiring 2 new headlights is a major red flag...12K is just not competitive.

Just mho from a buyer's point of view. Honestly GLWS. it's still a very nice car.

haha well i appreciate your feed back. apparently you are not looking for a manual. yes your right saabs do last 200k+... on the flip side how many are on here with motors replaced at 100k?

there was barely any damage at all from accident. i have allllll the pictures to show. i wasnt trying to use an accident and having new parts as an advantage. however i did go out of my way and bought brand new headlights and aftermarket corner lights. thats all i was doing with that.

btw i have been getting plenty of PMs and emails from my CL ad

if you are interested then shoot me an offer. dont keep bashing on the price if your not going to be serious.

as stated in the ad i am flexable. im not gonna put the car up for what i need and have someone low ball me. its just a starting point. the cars NADA as shown in the link above is around 13,000.

·
Registered
84 Posts

Anyone who is trying to sell a 9-5 right now is probably going to have a rude awakening. I bought my two silver 9-5 Aero wagons last year to get my wife and I through some times where we did not think it made sense to maintain the loans and payments on our existing cars (new Camaro SS and Honda Pilot). I shopped around for about a month, and eventually bought my 2002 5spd wagon for $6300, and my 2003 automatic wagon for $8400. I have receipts for over $8k worth of work on the 5spd car - things that were necessary for me to rely on the car on multiple trips through snowy mountain passes, and as I later learned - catch up on a lot of maintenance the car missed out on with previous owners. Only spent around $2k on the 2003 car and it's much nicer overall.

At the time I was seeing 2001-2004 cars in my area going for $7800 to $14k. I picked up my 5spd wagon out of 3 total to choose from; a 2001 in SF for $8500, a modified 2002 for around the same price, and mine for $6300. Mine needed a lot of work, so I opted to have all of that done (struts, brakes, mounts, bushings, all fluids, etc etc etc) and drive knowing the work was done recently and by the mechanic I trust. Also it was not beautiful on the outside, and that worked for me since I was going to be driving a lot in SF, and on winter roads where stuff gets messed up.

Now, I will be wicked lucky to get $5500 for the 2002 and $6000 for the 2003. Also just had a water pump and etc done on the 2002 and a fuel pump on the 2003. New battery on both. The 2002 just popped a power steering hose last Friday, so it's sitting waiting for me to spend more money on it so I can still get less than a 3rd of what I have spent on the car - maybe. After listening to people telling me I should sell my car for $3500 because they found a POS advertised for that somewhere else.

Great cars and a blast to drive, but holy hell. I have paid well over double my car payments a few months to keep these cars on the road, and will have a heck of a time paying off the bills after getting next to nothing for these cars that have raped my bank account at the worst possible time.

So go easy on us for a bit until we settle into the fact that we are going to be dumping out a ton of money and making someone a great deal on something that has most likely been an inconvenient hardship. I know mine has.

Thanks and good luck with your search.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For sale is my 2005 Saab 9-5 AERO. It currently has 51,300 miles. It has every option available except navigation. Heated front and rear seats, Harmon Kardon Premium 9 speaker sound system, Bi-Xenon headlights, Backup Sensors, 4 wheel ABS, Electronic Stability Control. The seats in the AERO are by fat the most comfortable seats ive been in. It has black leather interior. Ive changed the oil every 3000 miles with mobile 1 synthetic or Royal Purple synthetic. It has been taken to the dealer for all the service intervals, I just had the 45,000 mile service done. The AERO features a very powerful 2.3 liter High Output turbocharged engine. SAAB upgraded the turbo on the AERO to the TD04 giving it 250HP vs the LINEAR with only 170HP. The AERO is the highest trim level of the 9-5 with Lowered suspension, 17" wheels, premium sound, sportier front and rear bumper. In 2004 and 2005 SAAB used a different bumper on the AERO models witch i think is the best looking one yet. I searched for quite sometime to find this car and after about 3 months of doing nothing but searching i found the one i wanted. I drove 3 hours away to get it. I absolutely love this car, the only reason im selling is because i have a 2001 S4 im in the process of rebuilding. The car has absolutely no problems. There is a couple scratches in the paint, nothing bad at all. I got in a little fender bender last year and replaced both headlights with brand new VALEO OEM SAAB headlights. I also replaced both corner lights at the same time because they didn't match the brand new headlights. I bought Euro clear corners (they don't have the orange reflectors). The car is a 8 out of 10. You wont find another 2005 AERO out there... especially with 50,000 miles! I spent a while trying to find this car. It gets around 25 city and 30 highway, about 400 miles to a tank on average.

It has a CX racing front mount intercooler. Also a k&n open air intake from genuine Saab. Car has always been maintained and taken care of. I had it tuned by MikeD. It's the cleanest 2005 you will find
Pictures? And is it still for sell?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Guys....this post is from 2012. I'm sure the car is sold, 9 years ago.

Reactions: filetfellini
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.