SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get the badge on my 05 Saab 9-3 removed on the trunk. I've tried putting hot water on it, using a flat head screwdriver like saabsite said (which ended up scratching the car a bit), the dental floss can't get behind it at all because of that lip that goes around the badge. I'm about to drill into the center of it and try to remove it that way.

is there any other tips on what to do? I'm pissed I scratched it with the screwdriver advise. The scratch is minute, but regardless I'll know it is there. I would love to get this off and put the new one I bought on.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I would try a blowdryer or a heatgun if you have one. Use a thin flat head screwdriver with a rag or something over it to protect the paint.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
This is very easy. Use either a blow dryer or heat gun, get a tea towel and a flathead screw driver. Heat up the badge (not too close to the paint) then cover the flathead with the tea towel for some cushion and pry the badge off. Very simple.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I wouldn't dare pry it off with a hard tool.
Patience and fishing line is what I used. Even got around the lip spoiler.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I got it with the flat-head. I figured the lip was damaged anyway from my first attempt, mine as well use that part and get it off. There was no way to get anything behind it like fishing line or dental floss. It was completely flush and the lip made it even harder. Seriously what a dumb design. There should be a place on the opposite side that you can punch it out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I did it with a 1 1/2" Putty/Drywall Knife, it seemed easiest/safest. Key is just working the grey adhesive away behind, not really pry it off, and work from the bottom of the emblem..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts