SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site and wanted to get some general info from fellow 9-3 drivers. First to introduce myself...I'm a car enthusiast and love tinkering with my cars. My last car was an ultra rare Volvo S70 T5 Manual. There were only 351 of them imported into the states. She was a beauty and very quick. On a near 90 degree day it ran a best of 14.3 in the 1/4 mile and almost beat out an 05 BMW M3 6spd with an aluminum flywheel...I know vids or it didn't happen. Here's that vid... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFZM17G9TNo&list=FLVdFqb6zOZbQu1NNWabuF_A& index=3&feature=plpp_video

Now I've moved on and purchased a Parchment 2005 Saab 9-3 Aero Vert automatic with 68,000 miles. She's a beauty and is quite possibly the neatest car I've owned yet. I'm so blown away by the amount of features in this car. I definitely have become a Saab lover almost instantly. So with that I have a few questions I was hoping the resident experts could school this noob on.

1. Transmission fluid for an Automatic: Is it worth it to switch to a fluid like Redline for my auto? At what mileage should it be changed? Should it be drained and filled or should it be flushed?

2. Key fobs: I notice this is an issue. I've seen many threads on this. Can anyone point me to a great place for an OEM shell. My electronics so far work great, however the shell looks like it was chewed by a dog.

3. What wax do you guys use? I used to detail so I know a decent amount about keeping up a car. I'm just curious what fellow enthusiasts are using. The only way to get better is to always consider what's new out there or what others are doing.

4. Is there any things I should watch out for? Any known problems to keep an eye out for? Is there anything I should do preventative maintenance wise on this car?

5. I have the bluetooth buttons on my steering wheel. I don't see the onstar system installed in my car. Is there a way to get those bluetooth buttons on my steering wheel to be functional?

6. Any warnings on vendors to steer clear of or vendors that I should go out of my way to buy from?

Glad to be a new member of the Saabscene. I hope to get to know all of you...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts