SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
POLL FOR 2005 OWNERS ONLY PLEASE:

Call me crazy -- I have been doing so myself lately. Saab replaced my '04 with a '05 recently. I swear my '04 got better mileage. My '05 is getting 20 - 22 mpg in mixed driving where the '04 would get 24 - 27. '04 was a 2.0T Arc, '05 is a Aero, so same engine in both. Driving habits haven't changed. So, my question to all you, "what mileage do you get in mixed driving?"

·
Registered
613 Posts
That's about what we get too 21-23mpg. the car only has 2200 miles, hopefully it'll get better. I expected a little more from a 4 cylinder.

·
Registered
155 Posts
same here - in my case i had an 03 arc, which was 25-27 average - 32 + highway... my 04 aero get 20-21 average - and maybe 27 highway! ugh. i have over 15k on my aero now...

·
Registered
180 Posts
That's about what I get too, 2005 Aero (auto).
Btw, google is very nice for these things. Try entering "27mpg to litres per 100 kilometers" or "10l/100km to mpg" into google without "".

·
Registered
266 Posts
2005 Linear M/T (purchased 3 months ago)... used to get ~23mpg city, then checked tire pressure and it was all out of whack (each tire's pressure was different! Dealer prep my butt!) I inflated them to the 100kph setting in the manual (same as the US door jamb inflation label) and voila... now I get a constant 25-26mpg city. I'm just going to have to make sure my tires don't wear funny in the middle....;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
In exclusive city driving (the wife dropping off and picking up the kindergartener and her errants) she gets about 23 MPG. She was driving an Avalanche that got 13 MPG! :eek:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ironically, mine was the same situation. My '04 arc was replaced by an '05 aero. Most of my driving was highway and the arc would do 33-34 MPG. The aero is doing 29-30, sometimes it'll do a 31.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Odd... I used to get 23-24 constantly. Then I realized I needed to reset the mpg computer each time I fill up. After I do that (by holding down clear while its on DTE or MPG) I get 26-30 depending how heavy my foot is that day... Highway I average 30 constantly.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Please note that when I made my post, I forgot to mention that the gas mileage I got was calculated, not a reflection of the SID. I find the SID to be fairly inaccurate as far as MPG.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts