1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.gmeurope.com/frankfurt2005/index.html

It will be 4 European premieres.....

3 Concept Cars

8 world Premiers.... as you can imagine from GM....

one of the 4 european premiers and 8 world premiers as you can imagine is the 9-5, it could be anything else from Saab??? make your bets???!!!!! jejeje

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hasnt it been said that Kappa derivatived Saab concept is not going to make it until 2007?

I really dont expect anything else from Saab than face downed 9-5 and maybe one or two concept innovations.(not models)

9-6X, no way so soon or European premier.
But I do remember very old news that 2005 Frankfurt should have Sonett but things change.

AWD 9-3 is only potential "from nowhere" surprise that really has an non-existing possibility, so forget it.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
TuuSaR said:
Hasnt it been said that Kappa derivatived Saab concept is not going to make it until 2007?
But I do remember very old news that 2005 Frankfurt should have Sonett but things change.
I haven't read anything official or even speculation in the automotive press of a Kappa-derived SAAB. The only speculation I've read about it is on SAAB internet bulletin boards and chat rooms.

I don't even think that SAAB has committed to a Sonett concept, let alone a production version. From the recent interview with SAAB USA's GM it sounds actually unlikely.

Interview with Jay Spenchian

Saab lovers have been hoping for a modern-day successor to the old Sonett sports car. Is there something like that in the plan?
Possibly. Maybe as one of our upcoming concepts. We may test the waters. But nothing firm for production.

Would it be called a Sonett, and is that a good name?
We haven't decided. Globally, [the name] might be. There's a familiarity with Saab loyalists. I'm not sure what it says to somebody in the U.S.

When is the earliest that we could see that concept?
It won't be this year. I guess the earliest is our next concept car — not for the '06 auto show circuit, but maybe beyond that.

·
Registered
379 Posts
my guess (from the new guy's vibe) is that the sonnett may come up for discussion _after_ a 'full range' of saab suv's are in place. i'd be more than midly surprised if they throw a concept sonnett on a piece of paper before 20-'teens.'

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have it on reasonable authority (let's not call him Djup Strupe III just yet) that the 9-6x will make an appearance at Frankfurt. It may not be the final model that's seen in showrooms, more like something between a concept and a final production model.

Dealers were shown 9-6x photos in the last few weeks, so there's rumblings about it making the rounds :cheesy:

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
359 Posts
9-2X is rumoured to discontinue somewhere 2006. Maybe there is no info as they dont know yet what they are going to do about it.
What I'm really waiting is technical details of 06 9-5, its going to be on the market next 3 years so...

9-6X was supposed to be in Detroit so Frankfurt could very well be it then.

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
There's a similar thread going on in the 9-2X room about 9-2X Aero. It appears there's a good chance the 2.0T Aero will be gone, with only the 2.5L NA model (nee Linear) to soldier on:

9-2X Aero or not ?

As with other model lines, there will simply be a "regular" trim and an "Aero" trim (ie: no more Linear, Arc, Vector ...). Seems 9-3 will be the only line to offer an Aero trim for 2006 MY.

TuuSaR said:
9-2X is rumoured to discontinue somewhere 2006. Maybe there is no info as they dont know yet what they are going to do about it.
What I'm really waiting is technical details of 06 9-5, its going to be on the market next 3 years so...

9-6X was supposed to be in Detroit so Frankfurt could very well be it then.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
SaabKen said:

As with other model lines, there will simply be a "regular" trim and an "Aero" trim (ie: no more Linear, Arc, Vector ...).
True for the North American market ... don't think it is the case for ROW.

·
Registered
335 Posts
An other question:

Will someone be at the Frankfurt Motor Show IAA? I will visit it at the 13.th September (1.st press day) if all goes well. So if someone else is there - how about a little Meet&Greet ?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it would be a good opportunity to throw to some GM managers some tomatoes or cakes...:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Maybe pickled herrings or lutefisk, they'll have to learn to like the stuff sooner or later :lol:

edusaab said:
it would be a good opportunity to throw to some GM managers some tomatoes or cakes...

·
Registered
334 Posts
It's about time that we see the new 9-5 and I would be really disappointed if the 9-5 is a no-show at the Frankfurt Motor Show. We have been kept in the dark for too long..:evil:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts