SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I, for the life of me, cannot get the EHU to pull out so that I can get my AUX-In cable installed. I am wondering if they might have added another clip somewhere for 2005's? I have the base 150w stereo on my Linear. Searches have not helped me get it out.

Here is where I am stuck. I slide a butter knife in between the metal clips and the plastic frame and then easily leverage them towards the unit. I can see the "z" shape that goes into the frame at that point. I then can pull the unit out ever so slightly before it stops again. Pushing the unit back into dash then snaps the clips back into place. There must be something I just am not understanding or missing as the 2005's might be different?

Frustrated because the rest of the install is so easy but I can't figure out this EHU removal. Even worse I think I am doing it right according to my interpretation of instructions from several places. The clips pry "In" towards the unit so they come out of the plastic frame. I then move that side out a little then do the other side. Then I reach back to pull unit out and it still is solidly in there even though I can see the "z" shape of the clips is clearly out of the plastic frame. :(

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Tie a rope around it, tie the other end to your friend's F150, and tell him/her to floor it. :cheesy:

Every now & then I have the same issue. Barring the possibility that something changed, just be patient. Wiggle it gently back & forth, up & down, make sure the clips are ALL the way towards the unit (not kinda, not "I think it's released"). Jam it. The clips won't break, they're spring steel & stronger than you. Sometimes I stick a screwdriver in one side to make sure it really is released while I work on the other side. Also, make sure you're pulling parallel to the guides. It's not straight out (I think), it's slightly angled upwards. Examine the rails to see what direction they're going.

It's hard to get a good purchase on it to pull it out, but it will come out. Just like every other part on your car, it's being obstinate. But you're human, you an beat it. :cheesy:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it!

I just did as you said. Used a little more force on the clips and kept playing with them while at same time trying to wriggle the unit out. I started to think I would never get it out and was getting a little frustrated again and then all of a sudden it released.
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts