SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace the dashboard in my 05 9-3 Linear. Anybody know how much I should expect to pay a body guy to do this? I don't have the expertise, time, or patience to do a dashboard alone. I'm in the states, Bloomington, Indiana, so auto labor down here is pretty abundant, and it's not necessarily out of control, but I am a college student here and the local car guys do try to rip us off when they can.

Anybody know anything about this?

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention -- the airbags were blown, I replaced them but I still have the hole on the passenger side.The parts aren't the issue, I'm more worried about the cost of labor

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought it after it had been wrecked, I've been rebuilding it. It was actually not too bad to rebuild, but this last part is the issue that is killing me. If anyone is ever looking for OEM saab parts for a decent price -- www.saabparts.net

Great group of guys over there. Unfortunately, they are located in Washington and I am in Indiana. :(

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
If you have a copy of the WIS and get the part it is probably a matter of patience and time to change it. I imagine it is not that hard and just a matter of unclipping / unscrewing lots of things then reversing the process. If you have rebuilt the rest this is not going to be much more of a challenge.

People on here have experience of pulling many parts of the dash apart, glove box, EHUs, Air vents, steering wheel removal have all been done.

Just re-read your first post. Hmm, perhaps armed with the WIS that will tell you how long each task takes and you will have an idea of how much it should cost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts