SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2005 Saab 9-3 Vector Convertible. I have had it from new with no problems except the roof not working, gearlever falling off, drivers seat handle falling off, buttons stop working, noise from suspension, excessive tyre wear, high fuel economy, . . . . . all that the dealer has fixed fine!!!!

Anyway, due to a light panel damage I put it into a body shop. When I collected the car the dash computer was doing all sorts of weird things, some which settled. I forgot about it as haven't used the car for a couple of months, but started it today (had a flat battery) and the problems are still there.

To start with there was no headlights and no dash showing. After an engine off and engine start things came on. The clock is now set and all the other features seem to be ok except the climate control is stock in "Customize" and I no longer have the options in the menu to set this, plus I have no calender (date).

Also when I touch the dimmer button the dash lights flicker on and off and then go off.

I assume that something needs hitting or resetting - but is there a trick to this or is it time for a dealer checkup AGAIN!!!!!

Any help appreciated.

**** . .

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Has all the signs of a duff battery. Due to the number of computers in these cars the electronics do all sorts of odd things when the battery voltage is low. You mentioned the battery was flat, so it seems likely this is your problem.

The ICM seems particularly vunerable to giving up if the battery voltage is low or if the battery has been disconnected/reconnected. Usually pulling the fuse for several hours resets it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts