SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my fuel gage hasn't worked for a few months. I'm in the middle of a business trip and on Sunday, I'm just driving along when the tac and speedometer start fluctuating up and down. A moment later all the warning lights came on so I pulled over and shut the car down. When I tried to restart it, nothing doing. No clicking, no nothing. I have the car towed to a closed shop and after the driver took the car off the tow, he tried starting it. Which it did but the needles continued to bounce.

I've been religious about clocking gallons and miles and at the time I had traveled 260 miles since the last fill-up. But, it wouldn't have been the first time I had made an error in calculation. So, I walk to the gas station and put a gallon in the tank. Car starts up fine. Fingers crossed, I drive it back to the gas station. I figure if my numbers were all correct it would need 8 gallons and if it needed more, then I'd miscalculated. It took 7.9 gallons.

I continued on from western MA down to Storrs, CT and I've been driving the past three days without an issue. However, I've been filling the take every 100 miles. Does this sound familiar to anybody?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts