SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

im at my wits end with my saab 93 1.9 tid 150bhp vector sport,

ive just replaced the inlet manifold, swirl actuator and the little actuating rod along with a new egr valve also, but the engine management light is still on,

im still getting the codes p1110 and p1109,

p1110 = variable intake air/swirl circuit open permanent
p1109 = swirl actuator feedback signal permanent

i can reset these every time i start the car but when i stop the car and re start it the eml comes back on.

please can anyone direct me in the right direction?

also i have a continuing fault with the stability control, it keeps popping up on the SID saying stability control failure, but it only comes up when i start the car and move the steering wheel? i think it could be an abs sensor, not too sure though!!

im getting the fault codes p1811, p0500, u2108 on start up also, they are all got to do with the abs/tcs/esp and there all intermittent according to the diagnostics machine,

if anyone can help me please do im at my limit with this car now!!!

Shane

·
Registered
290 Posts
hi shane

wow seems like its all going on with your car
first things first rule out the battery (this is the weak point on the 93ss)
check for 12.6 volts on battery at least 30 mins after the car running

yes it needs to be a voltmeter that reads 10ths of volts plain 12 volts can and will give mad errors on these cars
right abs-stability control go round the car and plug-unplu-plug-unplug the connectors for the 4 wheels to make sure they get a constant good contact at these connectors
if the light is off try one at a time wiggling the leads at each hub/wheel in case it has wiring break......i feel this may be the issue there

now as for engine check codes.............hmmmmmmmmmmmm this is the tricky one i feel myself with the tid/jtd engine if you have done as much as can be done with egr and wiring etc then you would be advised to get the car into a decent bosch service centre
the cost of an hours tech diagnosis is often cheaper than buying random parts trying to get to the issue
these guys see this stuff every day and quickly find the root of problem and get it fixed for good

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply, the battery is fine have previously check it! After reading up i think its probably a broken wire somewhere, ill look during the week

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys, i have sorted some problems with my car but the wiring issue is still there with the swirl flap actuator! Has anyone come across this fault before and how did you fix it? Is there a common place the wires can frey or get stripped etc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts