SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Saab 9-3 I bought it from the previous who told me if not do not remove the key because it has a bypass in it where you hit a switch put the key in for 10 seconds pull the key out put it back on and they ignition will fire up while I had someone pull the key out and we had a problem "error message streering wheel malfunction " where I couldn't get anything going on it I ended up pulling the battery of the fob and now I think my key is not working or reading the car. So now i have a car that when i put the new battery in and try syncing the fob i get nothing the info screen blank , no headlights, the only dash light is the miles and no radio a weird humming sound, brake lights work but no reaction from key to car. So pretty much what I'm saying is that I had the steering wheel malfunction error on dash couldn't get it to start couldn't get it to turn the key and then the key fob pulling the battery and now I can't get any reaction so I'm pretty much fucked

·
Registered
436 Posts
Will the ignition turn on? Just asking, as I wonder if one of the cheap code readers would help. I know those can clear the codes, and only cost around $20 or $30 for the cheapie ones. I have only had 2001 and older Saabs, but the reader may be worth a shot. I'm sure one of the gurus on here has a better solution tho. Good luck!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts