SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my front passenger fender. I was wondering how hard this would be. I have heard that the 900's fenders have lots of spot welds on them and was wondering if that was the case for the 9-3 as well. Hopefully not so that I can save a little money on this repair. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
980 Posts
I recently replaced the left-front fender on my 1995 900S and it was very easy; no welds involved. Looking at my 2006 9-3SC it looks very similar. The hardest part is probably dealing with the plastic bits; the inner fender liner, the rocker panel cover and the front bumper which may have to at least partly come off. I doubt very much any welds are involved, just take your time and be delicate with the plastic rivets and such.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to hear! Now all I need to do is get a new front fender for cheap :p Also were there any special tools that you needed. I would rather find out now instead of half way through the project.
Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
980 Posts
The upper torx bolt that's behind the front door can be tricky to get at without removing the door. Removing the door is not difficult, be re-aligning it afterward may be. I was able to sneak a torx bit in there without door removal on my 900S but it may be trickier on the 9-3. You'll want to take a look at that before starting the job.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the heads up. I'll make sure to check that out before hand and hopefully I won't have to take the door off.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thank you very much! This will definitely be a big help!
I also need to replace my fender on my 03 but am a little hesitant do to the screw hiding behind the door. Let me know how it works out for you please I'd like to see if it's something I could tackle myself.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I need to replace my front passenger fender. I was wondering how hard this would be. I have heard that the 900's fenders have lots of spot welds on them and was wondering if that was the case for the 9-3 as well. Hopefully not so that I can save a little money on this repair. Thank you in advance!
Checkout Corvette recycling in Bountiful, there the only ones ive seen that might be able to get you a good price on the fender. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts