SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I recently purchased a 2005 Saab 9-3 arc convertible. Recently I will drive the car and for example go into a grocery store and 20-30 minutes later start my car again. When I do so the car has the same symptoms of a blown coil pack. I had a scanner hooked up to it and it said I had a misfire on a cylinder so I replaced that coil pack. That unfortunately did not do it. I then tried a new ignition module and still nothing. This does not happen every time but only some. Also the car does not seem to be making full power. Don’t know what to do next

·
Registered
22 Posts
I recently repaired a 2004 Arc with a similar issue. Random stalling and misfires when warmed up. Coils were ok. Turned out it was the ECU failing. Bought a used one on Ebay then reprogrammed with TECHII.

Try removing the ECU when it's in fail mode and put it in a freezer for 20 minutes then install and see how long it runs before failing again. It could be a thermal breakdown of electronics in the ECU.

·
Registered
8 Posts
FWIW, I had a similar problem when I attempted to replace coil packs with a cheaper, off-brand. I ended up replacing all of them with Genuine Saab and the problem went away. I then did some trial-and-error testing to find the bad one in the old set, and now have a few known good spares.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looked deeper into it today and tried a new ecu and all new spark plugs. Hopefully this will fix it. So far so good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts