SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother just bought a 2005 9-3 Aero, it's in great condition but there is a current draw from Amp1 under the seat, I think. I've never had the MOST system as all my 9-3s were 08 and newer so this is sorta new to me. I bought a replacement Amp1 but radio doesn't work when plugged in. It doesn't need to be Added with Tech2, does it?

·
Super Moderator
19,207 Posts
It doesn’t. Sounds like you bought junk. Sorry.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My brother just bought a 2005 9-3 Aero, it's in great condition but there is a current draw from Amp1 under the seat, I think. I've never had the MOST system as all my 9-3s were 08 and newer so this is sorta new to me. I bought a replacement Amp1 but radio doesn't work when plugged in. It doesn't need to be Added with Tech2, does it?

Try here: SaabRadio.com hosted at saabnet.com

·
Super Moderator
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I knew about SaabRadio but thought I'd give eBay a whirl first. Clearly the wrong choice

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've salvaged a lot of AMP1s and my experience is that out here in SoCal you get 2/3 of them working, but when I go back to the midwest its more like 1/3 if I'm lucky. Saab put them is a most unfortunate place - right next to the driver's door on the floor, so that one drop of rain or flake of snow hits it the wrong way and it goes pfft. You take those things out and even if they work they typically have rust on the bottom.

Contrast that with the convertible model, which places the AMP1 behind the back seat driver's side arm rest - never taken out one of those that didn't work (or had any rust on it).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts