SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i did recently drop in a JR Air Filter (made the car into a different animal!) and i also put a locking gas cap on my 9-3...this was a few weeks ago and every thing has been normal..until today coming home the CEL was on when i turned the car on..

i read about the gas cap problem and went to fill it up all the way..

CEL is still on and also i noticed my D.T.E should have read 400 or more miles because of the full tank and it only said 198 until i cleared everything on the SID now it says 367....still not right....

I just spent 3000 getting new front brakes, 4 new yokohamas, front sway bar end Links, front bushings and two new front springs...and ive been having a ***** of a time after taking it to two alignment shops and neither one got it right... Please tell me should i just sell my baby or am i over reacting?

This CEL thing has me crossed

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
read the code/s or get them read,then post them up..
i got in today and went for an hour ride and the CEL was off when i started up....car drove like normal...i did fill it all the way up, ensured the gas cap was in snug, and then by the time i went out today i had done 7-10 startups.. Thanks bro ill come back if anything else seems off

·
Registered
686 Posts
You can still read the codes to see what caused the CEL. They're stored, not cleared, when the light goes out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont have a tech 2 and im supposed to be dropping my car off tomorrow for an alignment, im cool with my mechanic so ill ask him if i can use his

1 - 5 of 5 Posts