SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Saab 9-3 2.0T (ARC). I hit a deer last fall and it took out the drivers side headlight. Prior to replacing the entire headlight assembly, about 4 months after I hit the deer my battery kept on being dead when I would go to start the car, figured it was a short somewhere. Next, I replaced the entire headlight assembly. I'm still having the issue where even with the car powered off, the drivers headlight stays on and kills my battery. The only solution that I have found to this is to pull out the fuse for this headlight when I park the car. Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

Some more info - if I have the fuse out, the passenger headlight turns on for about 3 minutes and then goes out.

- I have the HID headlights

Another question - I just bought a 2003 9-3 2.0t (linear) as a parts car. Runs and drives. I'm thinking my issue may have to do with the fuse box. Can I take the fuse box from the 2003 Linear I just bought and put it into my 2005 Arc? They look exactly the same.

Thanks for the help everyone. I love this car and am trying to keep her on the road.

·
Super Moderator
20,246 Posts
Sounds like a fusebox issue or wiring. You can swap the fuseboxes but need tech2 to marry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a fusebox issue or wiring. You can swap the fuseboxes but need tech2 to marry.
Thanks Diggs. What does "marrying" the fusebox's entail and why do I need a tech to do it? Resetting the computer or something along those lines?

·
Super Moderator
9,124 Posts
it's not just a fuse box there are computers in there in relation to the canbus system..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts