SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks! I may have botched a repair :oops:. So long story is this. AC was blowing warm ish on the driver side and cold on the passenger, so did a little bit of digging here and on reddit and determined that the blend door must be broke on my driverside despite no code showing on the ACC. Well low and behold I get down there to check it out and it looks like it was working just fine, but as I had already bought the blend door repair kit the aluminum rod and stop arm, figured I might as well put it in there. Probably a big mistake. I cant get the yellow rod out now and have managed to remove the old plastic stop arm and marred the hell out of the connecting yellow piece. So now I cannot get the plastic stop arm back on. So my question is how screwed am I and is it possible to remove the yellow piece? And if you are feeling generous, how do I fix my ac blowing warm on the driver side if this wasnt the problem. Had an AC professional recharge last year

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Electrical wiring

·
Registered
10,952 Posts
The yellow piece can't come out without removing the dashboard and disassembling the heater box. You can see from your pictures how big it is. The repair kit for the arm is for ones where the arm has broken in half. That happened on one of my two 9-5s.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Your system is low on refrigerant. Cold on the RH vents, warmish on the LH vents is usual symptom. If the professional did a professional job, i.e. evacuated the system, checked for leaks, then recharged by weight (something like 825g I think) and the system is low already, you have a new leak that's pretty big. If they just added some on a wish and a prayer, then you still have a leak, size unknown.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix the blend door issue you have. I nearly broke my back examining my blend doors, only to conclude that they were okay (and then went for a recharge, which included a hose replacement). Also, my car has the earlier blend door motor/shaft setup.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That yellow piece does not come out unless it breaks on its own. If you break it, you will probably break it where the kit wont work. Best to carefully clean up the shaft so the lever arm fits back on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts