SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Everybody,
Can anyone tell me the listed capacity or from memory what he's carried and if it didn't damage the car?
I do have the aftermarket rack.
Thank you.
Bill

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
I carried a **** ton of drywall on the Saab roof rack on y 2003 9-5 when I lived in rochester. Probably 8-10 sheets at a time. And after that a large stack of 2x4 studs.

I was amazed at how much that thing could carry.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Page 183. 220 lbs, 100 kg. I shouldn't think the aftermarket rack is relevant, as that seems a very conservative number.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I have a roll of carpet and pad that's 11 feet long. I'll have a little overhang but I guess based on your experiences and the 100 kg number I should be OK.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before I had the 9-5 wagon I had the Peugeot 505 wagons, two turbos and one non-turbo. They were cavernous. I could put the carpet inside with the tailgate closed. I put a transmission in the rear and the bumper didn't even drop.
But, then again, I would have to be sure I didn't blow the HG before I got home.
I loved the cars, but, since I sold all my Frenchies, my tools are rusting and I enjoy the durability and reliability of the Saabs.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I had a 1984 Peugeot 505 Intercooled Turbo sedan as winter car in my Jaguar XJS and XJS-C days, I loved that car, huge turbo lag but when it came on the thing hauled derriere!

Amazing seats and interior...and a great big trunk for the tool kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts