SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Ill lay this out for you.

Say..

You get in your car, start driving. You decide its a nice day and role your windows down, well your arm rests on the doorcil and the next thing you know your door is locked.

(You know its common with the way the manual locks are set up.)

You then park your car, role up the window and shut off your engine.

HERE IS THE QUESTION WHAT DO YOU DO NEXT

A. Use the key remote to then unlock the driver side door befoe pulling the door handel.
B. Use the buttons near the handel to unlock on the driver side door.
C. Use the manual lock that is positioned under your arm then pull up.

The reason I ask is because... If you lock the door manually while your driving with your hand or your arm, all the electronic buttons in the car and the remote will not work to unlock the driver side door.

Dealer says thats how it works. But the 05 doenst work that way. The dealer said the 05 is set up differently.

Need help sombody tell me if they have the same problem on a 2004 saab 93.

Thanks

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that is what I did end up doing today. I just wanted to find out if there was any body else having this problem or is the car made to be that way. I had an argument with my dealer, that I have driven the car 8 months and I swear i didnt have this problem until last month.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's a Tech II option that can be programmed. However, if you have erase the memory (i.e. change a battery, battery unplugged for more than 30 mins, just did a service etc) then it will go back to the original setting. In addition, it will slowly come back to the customized setting in a few days.

That's what I'm experiencing in my Aero. If I unplug the battery cable for more than 30 mins while doing some work on the car, my auto window up will not work. However, after a few days, it magically working again. Of all the 5 times that I unplugged the battery cable, they all behave the same way..

LST

1 - 4 of 4 Posts