SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just purchased a 2004 Nocturne blue/parchment/blue top convertible. It is a fantastic car and I much prefer it to the noise and rough ride of my previous Z4 roadster. They did a perfect job balancing fun and daily usability with these and I've wanted one for some time.

However, I'm having a couple of small problems. I searched the forum, but didn't find anything that answered my questions.

1. The top squeaks over uneven pavement (regardless of speed). The squeak is orginating in the center of the front windshield header where the top meets the windshield header directly above the interior light binnacle. It is especialy pronounced if only one tire hits the rough pavement. I also drove another 04 convertible and its top was solid and made no noises over the same city streets. The independant dealer I purchased from said it was just worn felt padding on the top header that could be easily replaced and said they would do this at no charge. Today, I took it to the Saab dealer and they want $$$ to even start looking at it. Is this kind of a squeak common? Are their top adjustments I can make? Thank you all!

Also, are there known problems with the Arc 150W/7 rear speakers on the convertible? When I adjust the fade to the rear only, I loose all my sound. The fronts work fine. Strange.

Cheers!

·
Registered
299 Posts
mine is MY 2006, i have no tops squeaks whatsoever.
i have the 300soundsystem, i still have sound when i fade to the rear.
thats all i can say, probably not much help though...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bauklo

Thanks bauklo.

It seems like most CV owners do not have any top noise/squeak problems. Hopefully, it will only be 1-2 hours of diagnostic/labor at the dealer.

If anyone has had problems in the past perhaps you could chime in as to the fix.

·
Registered
489 Posts
mine is a '04 albeit with 8,500 miles, yet, no top noise/squeakes from that area of the car.

the stereo system is not great, however, with the top down you can only hear the front speakers anyhow so I don't really mind what is happening in the rear.

Jaime

·
Registered
141 Posts
Lower your top part way and squeeze the top around the latches. I found my rattle this way. I had a bad rattle in my top before and they replaced the latches but now the rattle has returned. I am going to take it back to the dealer and see what they can do. It seems to be the hard rubber foam that is making the noise. It is bugging me to death. I know when I first took the car in the dealer said they only covered rattles for the first 10,000 miles but they found a broke latch and it seemed to help for a little while.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I sent my '04 back to the dealer I bought it from and they looked at it for two days, and all the squeaks and rattles in the cabrio hood disappeared...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue in my 2004 aero and it is heading to the dealer this weekend. The problem is exactly as you have described. No similar issue with the rear speakers.

·
Registered
342 Posts
My top squeaks too.

Hardly surprising, given where I live is all country roads/tracks - and I've done 35,000 in her.

Due for a service soon, so will see if they can sort it then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts