SaabCentral Forums banner

2004 9-5 Windshield source?

431 2
So where has anyone sourced a new windshield for their 9-5? I don’t see any recent posts related to this, but our windshield suddenly has a horizontal crack that runs nearly its full length and needs to be replaced. I know about Safelite… but are there any better options these days?

And no, this is probably not a job I’d consider worth trying myself. Heavy unwieldy and fragile - no thanks. I don’t even think the 9-5 original glass has the upper shaded region that the only versions from Safelite have.

Thanks everyone.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,554 Posts
You can probably get OEM but it will take time and come from Europe. There are Chinese versions that do install and people have said they work okay. Any local reputable auto glass shop should be able to quote you.

If you have rain-sensing wipers, you must get the proper windshield with the mounting point for the sensor. If you have regular wipers, it's much less of a concern.

·
Registered
11,099 Posts
My wife's 9-5 and mine have both gotten new windshields in the last year or two. Hers is an XYZ, and mine is a Fuyao. They're both Chinese, but I don't have any issues with either one. There's no distortion or waviness in either one, and they both fit great. As a bonus, they also both came with new top molding, so the old faded rubber molding is gone now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.