SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. Writing on behalf of friends who own a 2004 9-5 Aero Wagon. The car has (35K) miles on it and is in great shape; however, on two different occasions, the car has completely shut down/stalled while driving. The dealer conducted a test-drive for 40 miles, but could not duplicate the problem. I welcome your experience concerning this matter at hand to determine the cause of this problem. Any insight or knowledge of this issue is much appreciated.

*NOTE: Any knowledge/experience with this problem regardless of year prior to 2004 or after is welcomed as well.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crankshaft Position Sensor

Hi.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I did read through the links you posted; however, I am hoping to gain more knowledge/detail on the known issue at hand. I suspect that Saab is aware of this issue. Can you advise as to how you know about crankshaft position sensor problem? Do you know what models are affected by this problem? Any additional information/experience is most helpful.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
2004Aero9-5Wagon said:
I am hoping to gain more knowledge/detail on the known issue at hand.

Erm, not sure what more I can add :confused:

2004Aero9-5Wagon said:
I suspect that Saab is aware of this issue.

Yes this part would be on a list of things a dealer would check, however as the fault does not create a "check engine light" to come on, its not a simple thing to diagnose.

2004Aero9-5Wagon said:
Can you advise as to how you know about crankshaft position sensor problem?

Many of us have had the problem, many of us have changed the CPS and fixed the problem, its experience really!

2004Aero9-5Wagon said:
Do you know what models are affected by this problem?

All of them potentially - as with any common part.

2004Aero9-5Wagon said:
Any additional information/experience is most helpful.
Again I'm not sure what more I can add :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Replaced: Throttle Body Assembly

Hi Chris. Thanks again for the post. I heard back from my friends, and they informed me that the dealer replaced the Throttle Body Assembly and states that fixed the problem. I conducted a search in the forums for 'Throttle Body Assembly' [TBA], and found some information, but I couldn't find any mention of replacing the TBA as a resolution to the stall problem.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36918&highlight=throttle+body+assembly

At this point, if the TBA is the fix for the stall problem outstanding, but I have yet to find information to support that conclusion.

Kind regards,
Mike

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
We tend to refer to it as the Throttle Body (TB) and usually a fault with this would cause a "check engine light" to come on and a fault code stored (which they then could read with Tech 2), infact it will often trigger a thing called "limp home mode" which is a safety setting where the car drives with very little power (simplified version) - none of this fits with your initial post of the stalling problems.

But if its fixed - great! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts