SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the help from this community I was able to successfully install a 6-disc in-dash changer to my original 2004 9-3 Arc convertible system that came with a single disc changer. All mechanical and visual displays (on radio, SID, etc.) work as designed, however, audio does not. You can see the disc changer playing tracks and see when it change to the next track. I can switch between discs, eject / install as designed and use the random function. Just no audio.

I reinstalled the single disc changer (doesn't eject & disc stuck in that plays ... common problem) and audio works.

Looking for a solution to the audio issue. I saw a UKSaab site dialogue suggesting it may be a wiring harness change; they stated swapping the red and yellow wire locations enable 6-disc changer audio to work. Didn't see a schematic on wiring so unsure which wires and if this is the actual solution.

Does anyone out there have the solution?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to marry it with TECH2.
Mimmi. Thank you. We did all that and the only element that did not work is the audio. Re-installed the single disc and all functions, including audio. Trying to understand why the audio on the 6-disc may not work. Should be compatible but possibly there is another issue that we have found.

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Mimmi. Thank you. We did all that and the only element that did not work is the audio. Re-installed the single disc and all functions, including audio. Trying to understand why the audio on the 6-disc may not work. Should be compatible but possibly there is another issue that we have found.
You have bad changer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really? I'm looking for assistance with an audio issue and you send me an advertisement! Disgusting.

The Pioneer DEH-150MP car stereo system is a really good starter car stereo system that comes with the DEH-150MP stereo receiver together with 2-way JVC car audio speakers. The DEH-150MP receiver features mp3 and WMA playback together with CD player functionality. It also has auxiliary input and advanced sound retriever technology and features a nice multi-segmented LCD display with LED backlighting.
i

·
Registered
124 Posts
Doesn't help much with your problem but just to mention I replaced my 6 disc in dash system for another unit a few months back and it plugged in and worked fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Iany78, thank you. I did all the steps to marry and engage the new 6-disc changer and all worked except I couldn't get audio. Bench testing did not replicate the issue and a new board was installed and the unit is on it's way back to me. Hoping it is now fixed. We'll see. Bob

Doesn't help much with your problem but just to mention I replaced my 6 disc in dash system for another unit a few months back and it plugged in and worked fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aerojon,

Thank you. We've successfully "married" the unit and all functions as intended (text displays on the radio; SID; etc. Changer shows which of the 6 discs is playing and you can watch the progression through each track on the disc); all except the audio output, so the system is "aware" the 6-disc changer is installed. I sent it into the certified SAAV audio repair facility in New York, USA and they bench tested and replaced the circuit pc board which is responsible for transmitting information, including (digitally formatted) audio signal to the receiver component of the system. Hoping this fixes it. If not, just may be a bad unit that failed. Happens with electronics. Bob

that's ok if your replacing like for like but if you're going from single disc to 6 disc the system needs to be told..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts