SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We put the soft top down for the first time to enjoy the weather. Upon trying to put up, hydraulic fluid started spewing everywhere on the rear drivers side. The soft top came up but did not latch at the windshield, the tonneau cover closed, but the soft top did not seal at the back either.

Now I cannot open the trunk, because the soft top is not closed, and cannot open the soft top / tonneau because it says the trunk is blocked. How can I open the tonneau and or what are my steps?

I have a Haines manual but not quite understanding or finding what I need. I have taken out the rear top and back seats but don't think that was needed.

Also, I saw something for a 2003 but find it's not the same..

Any suggestions>

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
These are the WIS (factory service manual) emergency operation instructions. You will need to use the metal key part of the fob to open the trunk. There is an "emergency" key slot normally covered by a body colored plastic cover to the right of the license plate.

https://app.box.com/s/v2uj3hs0cld507g2rfjh

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Key slot is under small disc under tail light. Carefully pry it off and use the metal key to open trunk.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks AVguy, I had saw that and tried, but it was being stubborn and would not turn. Maybe I need to spray it to loosen it up? I'll try again...

Also, thanks for the pdf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts