SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im at a loss. my radio just started making a high pitch squeel :eek:. it does not very with rpm or volume. I tried the cd player and its the same thing. the radio is oem and the car has 103k. thanks in advance for any and all help

·
Registered
24 Posts
No it wont, mine has been doing this for over a year. The saab mech told me it was the head unit. That piece of crap isnt worth replacing. I just did the fiber optic bypass now im gonna do a full custom stereo. Love my car but man what a crappy stereo. Im curious to see if anyone has a fix for this ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No it wont, mine has been doing this for over a year. The saab mech told me it was the head unit. That piece of crap isnt worth replacing. I just did the fiber optic bypass now im gonna do a full custom stereo. Love my car but man what a crappy stereo. Im curious to see if anyone has a fix for this ?
well my fix was to pull the drivers speaker out. if you do a full custom stereo can you take some pix and post them so i can see what it looks like.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I think mine also has something to do with the door speakers... I bought it and noticed the pass door speaker is blown BAD and the driver door doesn't work at all, but the other 11 work just fine... I've only gotten the squeal really bad right after I bought it but now it hasn't done it in I can't even remember how long.

·
Registered
24 Posts
just pulled the door panel off. That was easy but the speaker looks good. If i have some time today maybe i will pull it off again and run some wires to the trunk for the amp. And i will try to get some pics

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine has started whining too....seems more from the head unit itself than the speakers. I also smell burning plastic....
I'm suspecting that some electrical wiring has become exposed and is posssibly grounding out and/or creating a short somewhere....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts