SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and searched the car and this forum but I just cant find where to fill the manual 5 speed transmission with oil on my 2004 9-3 linear. I have looked everywhere I can see on the top of the transmission and I even read where it might be under the battery but I just cant find it. Anyone got anything that could help me?

·
Registered
301 Posts
There is no cap, you have to fill through the "dipstick". in the gap between the battery and the engine, if you look down, you will see a yellow dipstick. That is for your transmission. That is where you fill

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm....... In my hours of looking I am just not seeing a dipstick, yellow or otherwise. I found where it says FM 55 on the top. I have even taken the battery and box out to have a better look but I just dont see anything. I will try and get some pics of the area and post them and if anyone can point me where to look maybe that will help because I've looked for a cap, a dipstick, bolts.........anything.......this is making me crazy!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,349 Posts
Welcome to SC..

the oil filler hole for the 5 speed MT is on the side casing..there is no dipstick that is only found on the AT.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. The pic would be most helpful. I have spent so much time searching the top for a fill cap that I want to be sure of what I'm looking for and where I'm looking for it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hey Great! That looks excellent. You think My 2004 linear will be the same? Thanks Again!!
Yup, I did this on my 03 Linear, same procedure. Just MAKE SURE that you use the GM fluid and NOTHING ELSE. The synchro's in these trans are very picky when it comes to fluids. I payed almost $30/quart but its a high demand fluid here in chicago (only one dealer had it in a 120 mile radius). Also, it helps if you undo the bolts that hold the P/S cooler line as that line gets in the way of the drain plug. And as always, undo the fill plug first, then the drain. Good Luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts