SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I think I'm going to try to have the dealer disable my DRLs lights but wondered if I could replace my DRLs with LEDs? That would be sweet? Also, anyhow know how to replace a DRL bulb? I've searched to no avail. Thanks!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Are you referring to the accent bulbs on the inside (toward the grill) part of the headlight housing? To remove/replace that bulb, you have to squeeze your hand in through the access on the back and with your finger tips or a pliers, grab the wires and just yank. It feels like the wires will come off, but they won't (well, that don't for everyone I know who's replaced them).

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
They're referred to as "City lights" and you'll need resistor packs if your LEDs don't come with them to prevent them from flickering after you turn the car off. Also, it is a PITA to move around in there. I just pulled mine out to get rid of the yellow since my HIDs are always on anyway, they're really not necessary.

Do a search, I think the Cheap Mods and Fixes thread has some links to swapping these out. http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206317

·
Registered
197 Posts
I added LED eyebrows to my 9-3 using the current from the side-marker lights and completely eliminated the city lights. Looks much cleaner IMO. No resistor needed (except it pulses for about 2 minutes after the car is turned off).

But yes, if you want to replace that bulb, make sure to get a resistor and be prepared to mangle your hands. Any bulb-related issue with these cars is a dreadful task.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I got some led's w/ built in resistors from superbrightleds. I'm thinking it'll work w/o all the pulsing and look much cleaner the stock bulb. We'll see once they come in. Colosaab, how's your eyebrows look? Got any pics?

·
Registered
225 Posts
So the led's i bought from superbrightleds.com actually didn't have any load resistors in them. I effed that one up. I found these online. They clearly say in the description that they have a load resistor.

http://www.diodedynamics.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=209

Not too bad. Shipping included i got two bulbs for $20. I got the bulbs from superbright in my headlight now and they look awesome. only problem is that they strobe after car is turned off. i should be getting the new bulbs this week and hopefully eliminate the strobe effect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts