SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to this forum so hope I'm posting correctly ... we've had our Saab 6 months or so and I love it (shame I got it for my wife), but it does have some niggles on the drivers door lock - sometimes (in fact usually) the central locking won't lock the drivers door but the car basically alarms ok, occasionally it starts to work again but only for a day or two before going wrong again, is this something anybody else has had happen and if so can anyone tell me what the fix is, is it a fault in the car computer, or the door lock mechanism that needs replacing, or someone else? Thanks

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
I think that the drivers door lock solenoid is either giving up the ghost....some niggle....:cheesy:....or we have a lot of corrosion which is causing mechanical resistance....either way.... the door "card" has to be removed.
I know that, since its a 2004, we are in the wrong sub-forum.

·
Registered
16,862 Posts
Yep, wrong forum, but try opening the window all the way on a sunny day and get the light in a position so you can see down into the narrow window slit and into the door. Spray some WD-40 or another very light cleaner/lube to lube up the mechanism. See if that helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoops sorry - obviously I should have been posting into Saab 9-3 Sports Saloon/Sedan/Convertible/Combi shouldn't I - schoolboy error!! I guess its worth me re-posting into the correct sub-forum in the hope of finding someone who has had identical issue and resolved? (you'd never guess I've never joined in this forum malarkey before would you...;oops:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts