SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Saab enthusiasts! I'm new to the SaabCentral community. I found this community online because I'm interested in making it a hobby to bring my 2004 9-3 Arc Convertible back to "like new" condition as much as possible. I am the original owner and absolutely love the car! Sadly I've been a bit negligent and it now needs some tlc to clean up some cosmetic issues such as worn buttons, trim, etc. along with ensuring it is properly maintained to continue to bring us open road topless enjoyment!

My first challenge hopefully answered on this site: I have a single disc CD-Player that won't eject the disc. I've found several suggested fixes on site posts including possible heat created plastic player warp / bend or a broken clip that I may be able to review and fix myself.

My newest challenge: I have available to me a 2004 9-3 Arc 6-Disc CD-Player (unfortunately with the same disc eject issue ... clicking when push eject button). However, if I can fix the eject issue I'd like to swap that car's 6-Disc player and replace my single disc player. On the site I've seen solutions on how to "divorce" that player from the other 9-3 and "marry" it to my 9-3 along with the need to upgrade to Tec 2 software. That all seems feasible.

The question I have not seen answered is: can I only pull the player from the other 9-3 and "marry" + Tec 2 to connect to my 9-3 system or are there other units in the system I have to pull from the other 9-3 to make this work. I've tried to find that confirmation on this site without luck. Please let me know 1) if this works and 2) what I need to do to make it so!

Thank you in advance for any confirmation and instructions that will help me make this happen.

Regards,

LakeSaabBob
Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is there someone out there that can help me? I've seen lots of responses and great information. I would greatly appreciate some help to resolve my question. Thank you very much! Bob

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
You just swap them and all is good. You can play discs, but there is "hidden" DTC who needs TECH2 to erase.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mimmi,

Thank you! I appreciate the response. I don't want to assume, so please inform me what the "hidden" DTC is and how to locate and "unhide" it!

Regards,

Bob

You just swap them and all is good. You can play discs, but there is "hidden" DTC who needs TECH2 to erase.

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
DTCs are visible only with TECH2 and you can erase them when you add new unit to car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mimmi, thank you. I was able to dig through posts and online information and talked with my Saab repair shop and learned more on the DTC's and the divorce and marry process. I still have an eject issue on both players that I've found a few solutions to but unsure what the fix is yet. Thank you for your help. Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts