SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, the search function is missing so I did my best to search around the site using Google but I couldn't quite find what I needed.

I have a 2004 9-3 Arc w/ the ICM2 radio. The AM radio reception is really poor and has a lot of interference. It is buzzy on all frequencies. FM radio works fine though. Only the strongest stations come in. Anything that is marginal cannot be heard. If I were to do a scan search it just stops at every frequency. There is a buzzing interference sound which raises in pitch as the speed of the car goes up. Interestingly, the noise is tied to the speed of the car and not to engine tach speed so that at least indirectly rules out noise from the alternator.

Any ideas? All help greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
9,669 Posts
check the connector to the rear window on the rhs you have to remove rear shelf & side panel,does switching the rear screen on have any effect..

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
there is also a filter in the earth lead of the heated rear window, that could be faulty, not sure how you would check that tho :roll:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry for my lack of reply on this post. As soon as I can find the time I intend to take apart the pieces in back and test these things. Thank you all for your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts