SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m having this (I beileve) minor problem with my ‘04 9-3 Aero where it starts to take tiny hops forward when I’m nearing a complete stop. It feels like I’m abruptly lifting my foot of the brake pedal but I’m not. Does anyone know what the culprit may be?
I’ve done some research and was only able to find that it may be something related to my transmission. The car is at 91k and a transmission flush is recommended at 90k so could that possibly be the issue? Tia for any input!

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Any codes? Hard to discern but assuming it’s an Auto it could be lock-up torque converter failing to disengage. Try coming to a stop in Neutral and see if it does the same thing.

Another possibility is ABS module is acting up and causing it to engage but you’d feel a rapid pulsation in the brake pedal.

It could also be an intermittent vacuum leak causing the engine rpm to fluctuate as it’s returning to idle, but I think you’d see a CEL or code.

·
Super Moderator
19,794 Posts
check for vacuum leaks

·
Registered
8,927 Posts
Try coming to a stop with the transmission in neutral. That will either confirm or eliminate the drivetrain from being the issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts