SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue with no power going to the lead for the zenon on the passenger side. Drivers side lights are fine
I have swapped the bulbs, ballasts, and ignighters with the drivers side and all components are good.
All Fuses are good.

This leads me to believe it is the relay R-14 on the engine bay fuse panel.
It is designated for headlights and windshield washer pump.
I have removed the relay from the panel and the pump and drivers side lights still operate. Should this happen?

Any ideas are appreciated

·
Registered
278 Posts
Do you have the manuals with electrical diagrams?

A total pain with needing a virtual machine to run XP and then the manual but sometimes ya gotta do it.

The relay is shared for the two headlamps up to point J8 where it "Y's" to both headlamps. The control signal runs separately from the fuse box. I'll propose that you have a bad connector somewhere. Could be right on the headlamp assembly or the socket itself. You've covered all the components.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I don't have the electrical diagrams manual.
I followed the power lead for the headlamp around the firewall and tapped into the wire bundle just after just after the fusebox and there is no power for that grn/wht lead.
I spliced into the "working" driver side headlamp power for a temporary fix and everything works. I don't want to leave it like that and want to fix the problem.
I think it is odd that the pump and one of the headlights work without the relay for them even being plugged in. Is that a default that it is a bad relay?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts