SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://m.cars.com/mcs/projects/cars/car_info.xdime?paId=89228968&year=2004&t=used

Okay everyone, I'm going to need as much help as you all can give me. There's the link, please check it out. SHOULD I BUY? It's a real good price and has great miles. The carfax is clean, no accidents, good maintenance records etc. I've heard good and bad about Saab. Will I have a good time considering I'll only have it for 4 years or less, or will it be a headache? I'm going to look at it tomorrow so I need opinions asap. The aftermarket exhaust (magnaflow muffler I think) and black rims are cool, but I don't want a car that someone nodded and beat it. Nothing looks wrong with it and maybe I'm just stereotyping...maybe it wasnt owned by a teen who drove it hard...maybe it was an old guy/girl who liked that style? I'll never know. But out of experience, do you guys think a manual 5 speed 2004 9-3 is a good buy? Like I said I'll have it for 4 or less years and won't put over 15000 a year. Let me know if I'll have to maintain it alot or will the 2.0t engine with that stick shift be an enjoyable, headache free ride? Thank you for your help!!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
For an '04 that is a bit expensive, in my opinion. That's the lower hp 2.0t engine. You should be able to find a clean, unmodded '06 with the 210hp 2.0T for about the same price.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For an '04 that is a bit expensive, in my opinion. That's the lower hp 2.0t engine. You should be able to find a clean, unmodded '06 with the 210hp 2.0T for about the same price.
But since I want the Linear model, not a vector or aero...would it be a reliable car for 4 or less years?

·
Registered
217 Posts
If you do choose an 06 makes sure you know what you're getting into. I would avoid 06. (stereo issues; difficult to fix/upgrade)

·
Registered
30 Posts
linear

my linear is black exterior, grey interior, with the 16" ten spoke rims. I have 40% tint on the side windows and 25 on the back. My 9-3 is a 5-speed manual and believe me it is a blast. I am 17 years old and I have taken my car and many long drives through traffic and on hills and I can't say enough about how much I enjoy my car. I promised myself I would never buy another automatic.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
If you do choose an 06 makes sure you know what you're getting into. I would avoid 06. (stereo issues; difficult to fix/upgrade)
stereo issues? difficult to fix/upgrade? huh?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts