SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody!

I would appreciate any help with the following problem. I have an 03 vector that we bought at an insurance auction. We did an engine swap and replaced pads and rotors. We bled the system (not using the correct pattern) and soft brakes occurred. We put in a new master cylinder and booster and noticed a small improvement. We are now about to install another re manufactured master cylinder tommorow as we were told by a saab mechanic. The saab mechanic tried bleeding the brakes and did so properly but still no luck. Anything else to try if the master cylinder doesnt work?

Thank You!

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
How did he bleed them? It is possible that there is still air in the lines.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
he bleed them in no particular order but the saab mechanic who came out to our shop bleed them correctly

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Sorry, I mean did he use a pressure bleeder or just bleed them the old fashioned way? A pressure bleeder is a good way to make certain there is no air left in the system.

Also, what rotors and pads did you use? What is the condition of the brake calipers?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he used a pressure bleeding device and the pads and rotors are the generic advanced auto parts brand. the calipers are in normal condition for a car 9-10 year old car. they look just like other ones ive seen in pictures of people doing brake jobs on saabs from that time

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
With the pads you are using it sounds normal... You could also try upgrading to stainless brake lines, that should help with the brake pedal feel.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the saab mechanic told us to replace the master cylinder and we are going to tommorow. im just concerned that that wont do the trick.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts