SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the picture I have installed, I made a water tank, so that the condenser hung in the water tank, so that the space in front of the installation.
I hope to help.
I still have two more questions.
One is the cooling of the pipe in the turbine connecting the tube like I do.
Two is the most in front of the intake pipe because there is no space for the present is not installed, it should be how to solve it
IMG_20150721_123718.jpg

IMG_20150721_142453.jpg

IMG_20150721_142509.jpg

IMG_20150721_144059.jpg

IMG_20150721_171015.jpg

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Nice install, a bit different though.

Why would you go through all the trouble of adding a FMIC that has half of it hidden by the bumper where it will not get any cooling. You could have used a proper sized one and just hung it below the bumper like most people do.

The larger tank volume may even add to lag since it needs to fill before boost kicks in, you donl;t need that large of a unit for the amount of air a turbo fitted can flow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice install, a bit different though.

Why would you go through all the trouble of adding a FMIC that has half of it hidden by the bumper where it will not get any cooling. You could have used a proper sized one and just hung it below the bumper like most people do.

The larger tank volume may even add to lag since it needs to fill before boost kicks in, you donl;t need that large of a unit for the amount of air a turbo fitted can flow.
Hanging in the following that will not flow enough?

·
Registered
8,237 Posts
Not usre what you comment means but a 7cm tdo4 t19 FLOWS around 500 CFM. If you are using anything less than that you are WAY over-sized and if you determine the flow our your intercooler I bet is like 800 based on the measurements, and you can't use all that the extra volume can increase lag so you really need to use the proper sizes IC

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not usre what you comment means but a 7cm tdo4 t19 FLOWS around 500 CFM. If you are using anything less than that you are WAY over-sized and if you determine the flow our your intercooler I bet is like 800 based on the measurements, and you can't use all that the extra volume can increase lag so you really need to use the proper sizes IC
I use the original turbo, stage3, 300P, 435N, you think what size IC for me?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi,

I'm trying to get to know some basic info about installing Fmic but I cannot find the answer, so I'd be grateful if anyone could explain:

1. Is it possible to install Fmic (21x 2.5 x 8) so that the old IC rests in place, untouched. It would be easier as I heard oil cooler, AC condenser, and oem IC are tied togheter, so if I take the IC out, I would have to make new mountings)

2. what's the difference in installing Fmic to <2001my comparing to >2002my 9-5. I read it's different but couldn't find any details.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

I'm trying to get to know some basic info about installing Fmic but I cannot find the answer, so I'd be grateful if anyone could explain:

1. Is it possible to install Fmic (21x 2.5 x 😎 so that the old IC rests in place, untouched. It would be easier as I heard oil cooler, AC condenser, and oem IC are tied togheter, so if I take the IC out, I would have to make new mountings)

2. what's the difference in installing Fmic to <2001my comparing to >2002my 9-5. I read it's different but couldn't find any details.
Hey so what I did with my 2005 Arc recently was install a 28x3.5x9 (total size) intercooler on the front and I removed my stock intercooler. What I did to retain the mounting points for the accessories was popping the plastic end tanks off and putting them in place as if the core was still there. Holds everything in place perfectly and haven't had a single issue in 6 months-ish. There's no real difference in years between 99-05 in Doing this install. Just mind the a.c. dryer off the side of the condenser.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I ended up ordering a custom PnP one.
It looks fairly the same as do88 (maybe the build quality is a bit worse
) but it's 1/3rd of the price. I paid exactly 230euro.
I recommend this move to anyone who wants to upgrade/change his IC.
Instaling it behind the bumper is probably better when it comes to air flow but...

First of, eventually You end up spending the same amount of money
(IC, pipes, clamps, mountings) and You need a lot of work to install it on Your car. On some cars You need even some modifications due to lack of space

Second - installing it behind the bumper, where it's bottom edge is ~at the same height as the bumper bottom edge, is somehow stupid to me. It's the second thing to be hit....any curb or bumpy road and You can damage it easily. Do You really want that??

Third - Do88 makes their IC also PnP and results are even better than on FMIC (confirmed by many people), so arguments saying orignal position of IC is a sandwich-like not efficient construction don't work for me.

·
Registered
205 Posts
the people who've had success with the universal intercoolers have modified or removed the bumper support. They're also a lot easier successfully to fit on models with larger stock openings in the bumper.

I thought about cutting holes in my bumper (cover and support), but there isn't an aesthetically pleasing way to do it imo. I ended up with a drop in intercooler.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Come on guys...I can't believe there're people that cut hole in the bumper support.
It's the element responsible for the safety in Your car and You still prefer to have bigger IC sacrifying health or life of Your family. It's unbelievable what priorities some of us have. I wouldn't like to abuse anyone, but to me , it's the most stupid idea on earth and there's no argument that could convince me.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I agree it's a bad idea. If I cut a pocket in mine, the intention was to weld steel back into the inside of the pocket to regain that rigidity

1 - 14 of 14 Posts