SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My mates 2003 93 Aero auto transmission is playing up and no fault signs/ warnings showing on start up.
Symptoms;
after driving for more than half hour ( engine temperature normal ) or so in traffic gear shifting turns jerky and sudden. Sometimes it wont change the gear from 1 to 2 sometimes 2-3 and so forth for long time. It thumps with long delay when accelerating from stop as if gear box going to break.
Took it to few mechanics and all of them ran the computer test and fail to find what actual fault is as no fault code is generated. Their suggestion replace the gearbox :eek:
Before going ahead with transmission replacement I would appreciate if any one here faced similar issue and if there is something else needed to be checked or replaced.
Thanks
Ash ;ol;

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I did. I noticed the thump every now and again, then slight over-revs while switching between I think 2 & 3. I replaced the Automatic Transmission Fluid and it shifted much smoother. If you haven't done that in a while(if ever), I would say do that first.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks iksnoved24
I dont know about transmission fluid but during this events gearbox oil has been changed. I will keep you upto date.
Ash

1 - 3 of 3 Posts