SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi to all! I'm trying to put a switch to make my glow plugs come on via a muanual switch,the saab struggles to start in the mornings and i have changed the leak of pipes,i know people are going to say it's the injector pump seal but I'd rather wait for it to get worse,if i disconnect the water temp sensor the glow plug light comes on and it fires up fine,I'm going to connect it up to a switch,does anyone know the best route through the bulkhead(behind the stereo?)? if so could you tell me where please as it would make my job a lot easier.many thanks

·
Registered
782 Posts
I rigged up an old 013 Bosch relay which basically parallels the original relay to accomplish what you mentioned, but if all thats really necessary is to run two wires to a toggle or normally closed pushbutton to the temp sensor...that would be much easier. Check the bulkhead grommet where the wiring harness goes thru the firewall. Its sort of above the clutch pedal on LHDs, Id assume behind the glovebox on RHD. Theres a "nipple" on the bottom of the grommet that a couple of wires could be pushed thru...a power cable to a rear amp could go thru as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts