SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '03 Aero wagon with 160k that has served me well and plan on driving it into the ground. I know its quirks etc and have been fine with them. I have an opportunity to add to the stable an '03 areo 5sp sedan w/200k on the odometer for $3000. Body and interior are mint. Should I be overly concerned about engine failure or turbo failure at that mileage? I'd be looking to get 2-3 years and up to about 250k miles out of it.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I drove my 2000 9-5 to 318K miles, then sold it. At around the 190K mileage point I had failures of the:
  • CPS
  • Coolant By-Pass Valve
  • Fuel Pump
all in quick succession. Following that brief spurt the car was nearly trouble-free for another 128K miles. Only other non-routine maintenance (i.e. brakes and suspension) work subsequently required was replacement of the radiator due to internal fouling. Ask for maintenance records, plan on repairs similar to the above if not already performed, and adjust your offer accordingly.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm comfortable with cps and fuel pump. Not familiar with the coolant bypass but will learn. May take gamble if price is right. At $3000 any car is a risk. May as well be with a car I know really well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts