SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
am hoping someone can help me out, this is what is happening.

Randonmly started not starting (no pun there), cranks over many times, tach does NOT move while cranking. Let sit for 20-30 minutes, seems to start right up.

I started with replacing the fuel filter, no change. Today started in the AM, drove 50km to work, end of day start, drive to gorcery story approx. 40 km, no start after I come out. sit for 5 minutes it starts.

Have hooked up the ODB and get the following codes. P1312, 1334, 0340.

Am thinking crank sensor? but not certain,

thanks in advance for the advice!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Sounds like your right. (CPS)
open circuit somewhere...

·
Registered
869 Posts
The code P1312 is: Combustion Detection Cylinder 1/2 Open Circuit / Short to B+

Code P1334 is: Combustion Detection Cylinder 3/4 Open Circuit / Short to B+

And P0340 is: Camshaft Position Sensor Malfunction

I'm thinking it's the CPS...

·
Registered
21 Posts
SAME problem here and I replaced CPS TWICE...still happening.... after a long drive i need to wait a good 20 minutes to start the car again. would love to know what else it would be ...

G

·
SAME problem here and I replaced CPS TWICE...still happening.... after a long drive i need to wait a good 20 minutes to start the car again. would love to know what else it would be ...
have you determined if its the lack of spark not allowing it to start or the fuel? does the tach gauge move when you try to start it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
follow up for Black

Black,

what is the significance of the tach needle movement? mine does not move while cranking, what does that signify? I know it's an indicator of something, but not sure. Also as a general rule, with my symptoms, should I replace CPS then the DCI? This seems to be the consensus?

thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Civic beater

much thanks! I guess that leads me to the CPS, hmmm, now I gotta order one and set a time to do it, some people say 15 minutes, others 2-3 hours, :roll:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mec

sounds like I am lucky as I have the 2.3, but I will say after noting where they decided to the put the fuel filter I almost set the car on fire, engineers!!!:roll:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Success!

just closing the loop, replaced the CPS, from underneath, but left the exhaust on, very tight and pain the rear, gotta hand it to them! Car runs fine, starts fine, now to get on the front brakes :)

thanks all!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts