SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago the driver's seat began toasting my hind end. Pulled fuse 38 to prevent being burnt to a crisp and now I wonder whether anyone has tried repairing the switch itself. I see lots of posts about replacing the switch or replacing the illumination bulb, but none about tearing the switch down and fixing it. Anyone aware of any diagrams for the printed circuit board in the switch itself?

·
Registered
140 Posts
My 9-5 had the same issue with the heated seat not turning off. I took apart the switch and there was nothing to see - an IC or something not replaceable had failed.

I got a replacement from a junkyard car and it's worked fine ever since.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I had the same thing happen, I just pulled the switch and replaced it, I gave the bad switch to my wife to use in her car. she just unplugs it when it gets too hot or its hot enough for her. When it gets freezing here coming winter I know that switch will be handy having leather seats and all because it heats up 10 times faster than with a regular regulated switch

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'm looking at the innards now and I suspect it's the solid state relay that is no longer opening, but I can't seem to find a suitable replacement on the web. Guess I'll have to get a whole nother switch!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had the same thing happen, I just pulled the switch and replaced it, I gave the bad switch to my wife to use in her car. she just unplugs it when it gets too hot or its hot enough for her. When it gets freezing here coming winter I know that switch will be handy having leather seats and all because it heats up 10 times faster than with a regular regulated switch
Haha, yeah I noticed this too!
The broken switch went from off to searing in about 3 minutes. After I replaced it, I wasn't sure that the heated seat was working at all since it took so long to heat up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts