SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sorry to ask this question as I expect its already been answered before, but I couldn't find it via the search. I am going to pick up some 2003 Linear 93 17" wheels and tires for my '95 900S. I know the bolt pattern is the same and I was under the impression the offset/backspacing is similar, but can anyone clear it up for me? They are 225/45/17s but Im used to fitting huge tires under trucks so Im not too concerned about minor rubbing, granted they dont stick out or in too far. Anyone have any pictures? Its a $400 for the lot so I dont want to pass up on a sweet deal.

Thanks for helping out a Saab newbie.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I know people who have the 17" vector wheels on 9-3's. I would imagine the NG would permit this swap as well.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
They will fit. We have the same 5x110mm bolt pattern.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
he meant liek offset and stuff, for rubbing clearance. Either way I think they will work.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
In that case they will deff work. The only wheel that has a little issue with rubbing is the 17x8" 2 piece BBS wheels. They might have slight rubbing on the 5-doors in some models as their rear wheel well isnt designed for the 8" wide.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the quick responses! I figured they would work but wanted to make sure before i drive an hour to get them. $400 with 4 Pirelli Pzeros seemed like a pretty good way to upgrade my stock Michelins since I need to replace a couple of them anyways. I see the same rims onsale online for $225 a piece.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I'm not sure of which wheel you mean, but $400 for wheels and tires of Saab OEM in 17" sounds nice.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
ah, thanks you. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thought I might just post a couple quick pics of what these wheels ended up looking like on my 95. The Pirelli Pzero Rossos have been awesome. The rears a good bit more worn then the front which seems to give it a little extra oversteer which I like. Now i just need some springs, struts, and swaybar. :roll:

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
You know what...

Them their wheels are the tits... Well ice.

This is weird but I actually saw a vert with a set on the other evening going home.

I had never seen them before and did have a neck straining moment as the car turned into a junction to keep them in my minds eye.

Now here they are in full view. Freaky.

They are nice. Real chunky and slick at the same time. I think its the thick spokes and then the Lug holes act almost like a teardrop shape that gives them a real elegant look.

Oh dear that will be the designer 9-5 job coming out of me...:roll:

Dead

1 - 12 of 12 Posts