SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an odd one for you!?!?

Recently, I decided to give my 9-3 some TLC by refreshing up all 4 eng mounts which were factory stock and never been replaced by the previous owner, my buddy. For 2003 93 AT, there are 4 eng mounts - one passenger/right-hand eng mount, one driver/left-hand mount, and two lower torque arms.

We all know that for this MY, and the oddities or tricky part is when ordering the left eng mount since there are multiple versions. I double and triple checked from eEuro, Kelly parts or Saabexpess, and of course, SaabCentral. Of the two, first of the listed below were recommended by all, per MY and/or VIN.

13207582 AT
12785084 MT

So, I ordered, but to my surprise, MT version is installed. Can't say why or how, but it is bone stock, out of factory. More importantly, the biggest difference is in the small center hole that is "threaded" for ground attachment on MT vers, not on AT vers. Go figure, right?!?!

20191122_223038.jpg

20191122_223011.jpg

Well, just thought to update since we sometimes we rely on info in the spec and tend not to remove parts beforehand, especially if not feasible or if buried vay down there. I think similar thing happened to me years ago with rear brake rotors....

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
All the mounts come with the ground cable hole unthreaded, that bolt designed to cut its own way for better ground connection i guess..
use EPC (with VIN number entered) and forget about any guessing..

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
and if the MT was installed, that means somebody replaced it before and did the mistake, the MT version as far as i remember is not hydraulic filled, while the AT is hydrulic, the shape is identical, only the dampening characteristics are different, cheers

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big thanks, Hus_sho! Nice tip about absent threads on all new mounts!

Sounds bit cheesy, but I jumped on EPC and may have resolved the issue that was more confusing than it should've been?!?!

When searching under (9440) for 2003, 5 shows up.
20191208_220048.jpg

Bit confusing! But, once VIN is entered, it filters to just one as shown below, 12785084, which is sold for MT at all online sources that I've found and confirmed with.
20191208_143815.jpg

Either way, EPC seems to point to 12785084 (MT), not 13207582 (AT) and mine is AT with stock (100% sure) 12785084.

What do you think?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just replaced the 5 speed AT on my 2003 Vector. The motor mount had to be changed. When checking the part number, mine too, was from a manual transmission. Ended up using a 2006 mount with the 2006 bracket that came with the used transmission.

I will trust epc on this .. it says usage A, LH means Automatic LH

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, whatever fits as long as they work, but the confusion comes from "spec-ing" the part 12785084, as MT, at least in this case for MY 2003. Like I said, this isn't the first where going by what the parts stores have had lead to some unnecessary delays in repairs, especially for this MY.

So, to eliminate second guessing, best to rely on EPC with VIN entered or search for appropriate MY and eng type. BTW, received a new 12785084 and the gound connection hole wasn't threaded as expected after Hus_sho mentioning it.

As for my replacement, it has been a disaster once again so I give up and decided to just keep using the old one instead of tearing down 3rd time. New replacement arrived few days ago from eEuro and attempted for the 2nd time this evening, only to find out that it is defective. I could easily wiggle out by hand the rubber inner from the metal shell as shown below.

20191215_221445.jpg
20191215_221358.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very kind of you, MPLsaab, but nah, don't wanna go in there again. My old one has hairline cracks, but it will do for now with other 3 replaced that were in worst shape.

Thanks and appreciate your gesture!!!👍😁 Have a great Holidays!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts