SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have searched for hours trying to locate a walk through or even related thread - I want to remove the headlights (whole assemblies) and corner lights on this 03 9-5 (linear, regular lights)sedan. Does this require removing the bumper?
Thanks,

Peter.

·
Registered
483 Posts
The last time I removed the headlights from my 95 900 and my 99 9-5 it required removing one star point screw for the corner lights which slide out, unhooking the wires for the headlights and removing two screws.

Once you get the hood popped and get the corner light out of the way, you'll see how it works.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm not sure about the newer cars. On my '00 9-5, there are two button clips on the grille top. Pull those up and then remove the grille tilting toward you slightly to clear two short tabs on top and then pull straight out the front.

Then go to the side markers, there should be one Torx screw holding the side marker to the headlight assembly. Remove screw and pull side marker straight forward, disconnect the two electrical connections.

Headlight is last. I believe each one is held in with three 10mm bolts. One on top, two down on the sides.

Newer models could be different. GM really messed things up.

·
Registered
419 Posts
You need to remove the central grill and the two mini slits on the left and right side. They pop off. Pull out and down for the grill. The side grills just use your finger to press the plastic latches and pull them right out. You will see one bolt holding the headlight assemblies towards the center of the car. For the corner lights there is only a plastic tab you need to find which holds them to the plastic assembly of the main lights. It should be silver colored and you just press it and slide the corner lights out. There is another bolt holding the main headlights down from each corner light side. Remove the two bolts and the top bolt which connects it to the top brace and viola they pop right out. Don't forget to undo the OBD connections.

You can also look up the threads for performing an open air intake install on the 9-5. There are pictures that show you the process to removing the passenger headlight. Just the do the same for the other side.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the help. Whatever questions you might have had about my IQ were probably justified ;oops: One of those months... but its getting better, thanks again.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts