SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am a 9-3 guy, but my neighbor has a 2003 9-5 sedan with the V6 in it. He recently sent it to the local Saab dealer for a major service and timing chain replacement. They did all sorts of things and had the car way too long, but he was excited to get it back. Car looks great and is at about 110k on the clock. He drove it home and the cluster needles all went nuts, reading high and some not at all. He brought it back and they told him it was "the computer that sends the signal to the cluster" and it's $700 for the part, $300 for labor. He had thm replace it, and not the speedo and tach don't work. They ordered another new part, blaming it as a defective part and now the gauges work, but it won't say what gear the car is in. I of course am very suspicious of this all.

I did a search and canot seem to find a common 9-5 gauge issue. Has anyone run into issues before? Could they have shorted a sensor when the motor was apart? I mean the chances of Saab sending the dealer the same part twice and it being defective is too much to believe.....

Sean

1 - 1 of 1 Posts