SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Team,

So I was driving home in the rain and gearbox shuddered slightly when changing, ESP, Check Engine and Transmission Fault Indicator (Cog light beside Check Engine) came on.
  • Transmission started slipping
  • after a few hundred metres engine revved but no movement from the transmission
  • stopped, turned off-key, restarted - ESP light off, slow takeoff
  • after a bit momentum stops so turn the key off and repeat the process
  • did this about 4 times to get home.

Recently purchased car, service book says auto was serviced about a year ago.

Any initial suggestions?

I'm thinking drop auto fluid and replace, unhook battery to hopefully reset computer. I'd welcome other peoples thoughts.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,965 Posts
First thing is get a code reader and read the code. Until you do that, you're shooting in the dark.

If you want to reset the ECU you can just pull that fuse, but once you get a code reader to read the code you can do that easily without turning everything off in the car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, thanks for the advice. I unhooked battery, did not remove Check Engine or Transmission Fault lights. I put an OBD reader on it. Came up with;

• P0736-00 - Gear 5, Faulty Gear Ratio
  • P0733-00 - Gear 3, Faulty Gear Ratio
  • P0734-00 - Gear 4, Faulty Gear Ratio

Drove around block and initially ok but within a few minutes same issue. Lights showing - ESP, Check Engine and Trnsmission Fault Indicator.

Transmission fluid at correct level and nice red colour - book says it was changed 2000km ago by previous owner, possibly because of shifting problems?

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had very similar symptoms on my 2002 Linear. Ended up being the TCM. From what I've read the 2002 and 2003 both seemed to have a pretty spotty track record for failure. I don't see people reporting nearly as many problems after 2004.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had very similar symptoms on my 2002 Linear. Ended up being the TCM. From what I've read the 2002 and 2003 both seemed to have a pretty spotty track record for failure. I don't see people reporting nearly as many problems after 2004.
Yes, I wondered about that and if it is worth getting a TCM to test. Will try this as an option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts