SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to figure out if the cim is bad but the tech 2 is saying its ok, cannot turn my key unless I use tech 2 to use the force key unlock, how do I know if cim is bad? Keys will unlock car but will not lock car. Any help would be great

Attachments

·
Registered
832 Posts
Code is for SCL system failure. There may or may not be other DTCs for SCL.
Does the steering unlock when you insert key?
Does your spare key act the same way?
How is battery charge?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Code is for SCL system failure. There may or may not be other DTCs for SCL.
Does the steering unlock when you insert key?
Does your spare key act the same way?
How is battery charge?
Steering wheel does not unlock when I force the key turn with tech2, both keys act the same, ive switched ignition module and same result, i did notice my old ignition did not light up but the new/used one does but they do the exact same thing

·
Registered
832 Posts
What is battery voltage when engine not running?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is battery voltage when engine not running?
Car won't start because key wont turn unless i override it with tech2, but when you do that it just allows key to turn not start, all accessories come but steering will not unlock even with key turned so im wondering if maybe the steering lock module is bad?? But I dont see how to check that with tech2

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
at first I thought it was a bad CIM but from what I can see with the tech2 is the cim is talking but its security blocking so I think the cim is good and possibly the steering wheel lock module is bad? But again not sure how to check that

·
Registered
832 Posts
If battery voltage with engine off is good, the next suspect is SCL. Do you have the WIS? There is a service bulletin in it for these issues that walks you through troubleshooting.

WIS and EPC for Windows 10

·
Registered
832 Posts
Car won't start because key wont turn unless i override it with tech2, but when you do that it just allows key to turn not start, all accessories come but steering will not unlock even with key turned so im wondering if maybe the steering lock module is bad?? But I dont see how to check that with tech2
You measure battery with a multimeter, not Tech 2.

·
Super Moderator
8,758 Posts
battery voltage shown there is charging voltage when the car is running,unless you got a charger connected and not mentioned this..

·
Registered
832 Posts
Take charger off and let car go to sleep. Then measure battery voltage with multimeter.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You measure battery with a multimeter, not Tech 2.
new battery put in today, still same issue, i didnt have my fluke or any voltmeter because they are at work and due to covid im not working. new battery reads good when i hook it up and stays at 12.3-12.5. not running of course. steering will not come out of lock position no matter what position the key is in, a buddy of mine gave me a use cim and ignition with key, but i havent used it because from what i can see the cim is talking and is recognized it is just blocking the key i think because of Steering wheel lock module but how would i confirm that?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
new battery put in today, still same issue, i didnt have my fluke or any voltmeter because they are at work and due to covid im not working. new battery reads good when i hook it up and stays at 12.3-12.5. not running of course. steering will not come out of lock position no matter what position the key is in, a buddy of mine gave me a use cim and ignition with key, but i havent used it because from what i can see the cim is talking and is recognized it is just blocking the key i think because of Steering wheel lock module but how would i confirm that?
I did check battery with a borrowed fluke its at 12.5

·
Registered
832 Posts
Battery's OK, then. SCL is separate unit located lower on the steering column. With the key out, is the steering column actually locked? If not, try forcing SCL lock with Tech 2. ISM and CIM both have to see SCL status transition from Lock to Unlock to allow starting. SCL is wired to both of them, but is commanded by CIM.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts