SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Is there a difference between a Linear and a Vector. The car I am looking at is a Vector, and I've only a few posts about Vectors????? What is a Vector? Sorry to be so in the dark.

BarbG

·
Registered
731 Posts
The Vector was only offered in the US for 2003. It was renamed the "AERO" from 2004 on.

The linear uses a 2.0t engine, which produces 175 hp, while the vector and arcs used a 2.0T engine(high output turbo) producing 210 hp. Also, the vectors will have the aero valence kit, aero suspension, and other optional packages. If you get a manual, the 6 speed was offered compared to the 5 spd for the linear.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
164 Posts
check older threads about the vector. I believe there was a lot of problems with them, which may be the reason they changed the name to aero after only one year of the vector.

·
Registered
377 Posts
fastazzgtp said:
check older threads about the vector. I believe there was a lot of problems with them, which may be the reason they changed the name to aero after only one year of the vector.
changed due to a name ownership on "Vector"

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Earliest Vectors have door sills with a "Vector" logo. Vector Automotive Works threatened legal action and Saab agreed to stop using the name after the 2003 run. The late-2003MY Vectors have blank sill plates.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
fastazzgtp said:
03 Linears with the launch package are generally the buggy ones, however at this point most of the owners will have had these worked out at the dealers during normal inspections.
The Vector by comparison seems to have less complaints, it was not the first of the production line so this is likely to be the case.
The model designation in 03 was Linear>Arc>Vector vs 04 Linear>Arc>Aero
The 03 has a lot of toys that got decontented over time, the halo lights on the doors, pins for the floor mats, berber parchment carpets, BiXenon headlamps (not Xenon + Halogen Hi Beam), Pop Up headlamp washers (more elegant IMHO).
There is a thread in the stickys on changes year to year.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=280700&postcount=4

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wow, so none of th 04 and on have Bi-Xenon? That stinks, because these are the best lights I have ever had with a car, the hi's are amazing.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
I have a late build Vector, fine car, 2256 in America. It has suffered through the Auto Trans O ring replacement. The Steering column and lock have had a Service campaign, mine was replaced twice. A Window regulator and fuel sender issue was also common. All as it was with all 93SS models. No major complaints or horror stories. And as said it was the launch package Linear that was the buggiest.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
SMHarman said:
03 Linears with the launch package are generally the buggy ones, however at this point most of the owners will have had these worked out at the dealers during normal inspections.
The Vector by comparison seems to have less complaints, it was not the first of the production line so this is likely to be the case.
The model designation in 03 was Linear>Arc>Vector vs 04 Linear>Arc>Aero
The 03 has a lot of toys that got decontented over time, the halo lights on the doors, pins for the floor mats, parchment carpets, BiXenon headlamps (not Xenon + Halogen Hi Beam), Pop Up headlamp washers (more elegant IMHO).
There is a thread in the stickys on changes year to year.
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=280700&postcount=4
Yes nice write up by Viscouse and very true that the 03' had better content. And the bi-xeon going away is a bunch bs! You're correct that the 03' bi-xeon are incredible lights. My 06' non bi-xeon are not as good.

The bean counters going to town on the 04' and later is pretty pathetic:x

1 - 11 of 11 Posts